Monday, December 24, 2007

The Boat

I think I need a project.
Not a God-told-me-to-do-it project on a Joan Girardi kind of thing. Just... something.
I need to do something not related to journalism classes or internet.
Journalism classes are driving me insane.
I can't read a magazine without paying attention to the number of columns or the font type or whatever that's formatting-related. I can't watch an interview and focus on the answers because I'm too busy noticing the questions and how much the journalist researched about the theme of the interview. I can't watch the news because I keep talking about which tv journalism mode was used, and my mom gets mad at me for talking the whole time. I can't start thinking about what's real and what's not, or what is reality in the first place, because I go crazy. My paranoiac tendencies [let's go euphemistic here] got a little bit problematic after the classes about George Orwell's 1984 and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.

So I need to build a boat. Metaphorically speaking, of course. I wouldn't know how to start building a boat. I wouldn't know how to continue to build a boat after finding out how to start. I would never be able to finish a boat. Okay, Isabel, it's a metaphor, let go of it now.


[I wrote this ages ago and forgot to post it. And I haven't started building any boat yet.]

No comments: